Reem Acra’s bridal shows in 2016 gave us a lot to think about for our wedding hair and makeup; all of the collections are beautiful, but the ones that really got our imaginations going as far as bridal hair and makeup is concerned, were all about the beads.
According to the designer herself, instead of having extra accessories to go with her intricately woven, beaded dresses, she wanted all of the focus to be on the hair. So the stylist added extra-long hair extensions to create a structured braid with pearl-like and diamond-like accessories throughout to ‘romanticize’ the braid and create an unconventional centerpiece of bridal jewelry … your hair.
Lucky for us, as one of the top hair salons in Charleston, we only use the best products and are very familiar with the Davines the line, and the stylist who created this wonderful bridal hairstyle was none other than Joseph DiMiggio, Davines’ Lead Stylist himself! His instructions for professional stylists on how to create this look are as follows:
1. Using Davines VOLU Mist around the roots, spray a liberal amount to prep the hair. From root to tip, brush in Davines More Inside This Is A Volume Boosting Mousse for a smoothing effect and also to keep the hair in place.
2. Create front and back sections by sectioning it from ear to ear.
3. Sweep hair back in the back section into a ponytail at the occipital bone, secure with an elastic cord. Create a strong center part in the front section and allow to hang loose temporarily.Take the hair around the occipital bone (in the back section), sweeping it into a pony tail, then secure it with elastic. After you have the ponytail secured, create a defined part in the front section.
4. Add some more Volume Boosting Mousse through three wefts of extensions. Using these, you will create a 12 inch braid that falls down the length of the back, but be sure to comb through the lengths before creating the braided pony tail. Attach this extension to the actual ponytail using an elastic cord.
TIP: “If the natural hair is long, create a braid below where the ponytail is fastened at the occipital bone and fasten to the underside of the extensions using clear elastics. For short hair, wrap hair tightly around the elastic and extension.”
Check out our Fall Wedding Hair and Makeup Styles and Ideas
6. Create a thick band over where the extensions meet the base of the head and ponytail by lacing the hair that you just brushed back in the front sections back and underneath the ponytail and wrapping around the base. Secure everything with pins.
7. Pin and tie pear-like and diamond-like beads, along with golden wraps throughout the length of the braided pony tail.
8. Carefully adhere iron-on stars in sporadic places around the head with a hot curling iron.
9. Apply Davines More Inside This Is A Strong Hair Spray to control wisps and for all over for shine and hold.
This look is original and classically beautiful; one that you and your friends most likely have not seen at any recent weddings. So why not use it for your own wedding hair and makeup inspiration?
Get more great articles here – Charleston Hair and Makeup